AACC Middle East is a two-day conference held in partnership with LifeDx to bring the latest in laboratory medicine to the Middle East region. The conference covers a range of timely topics from infectious disease to big data to prenatal emerging technology as well as core laboratory areas in sample transport, lab management, and quality assurance. Each session is presented by experts from the scientific leadership of the AACC and experts in the Middle East region to bring the latest in laboratory medicine and build new networks among attendees. Hear from experts, visit the expo, and grow your network.
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss state-of-art research and technologies in laboratory medicine.
- Incorporate laboratory management strategies that enhance workflows and support accurate and effective testing to improve treatment decisions and patient outcomes.
- Implement up-to-date laboratory testing methods, technologies, and data-driven approaches in preanalytical, analytical, and postanalytical phases of sample handling.
- Describe applications and considerations of artificial intelligence, data analytics, and machine learning in clinical laboratories.
- Summarize advances in biomarkers and screening for bone health, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and newborn screening.
- Demonstrate the value and role of laboratory medicine in treatment decisions and patient outcomes.
This activity is designed to meet the needs of clinical laboratory physicians, supervisors,
managers, clinical laboratory scientists, and other laboratory professionals overseeing and/or carrying decision-making in the daily operations of clinical laboratories and clinical laboratory practice.
This activity is designed to address participants at an intermediate level of instruction. Participants are expected to have some basic knowledge of the concepts and principles that will be presented.
DISCLOSURES AND STATEMENT OF INDEPENDENCE
The Association of Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (formerly AACC) is dedicated to ensuring balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all educational activities. All participating planning committee members and faculty are required to disclose to the program audience any financial relationships related to the subject matter of this program. Disclosure information is reviewed in advance in order to manage and resolve any possible conflicts of interest. The intent of this disclosure is to provide participants with information on which they can make their own judgments.
The following planners and faculty reported relevant financial relationship(s):
- Deborah French, PhD, DABCC, FAACC
Consultancies: ARK Diagnostics; Sage Medical; and Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich and Rosati
- Aaron Han, MD, PhD, FCAP
Speaker Honorarium: Biorus, BD, and SNIBE
- Byoungkwon Kim, MD, PhD
Speaker Honorarium: Integrated Gulf Biosystems and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Christopher McCudden, PhD, DABCC, FACB, FCACB
Consultancies: Radiometer; Speaker Honorarium: Bio-Rad
- Amy K. Saenger, PhD, DABCC, FAACC
Advisory Board: LumiraDx and Radiometer
The following planners and faculty reported no relevant financial relationships:
- Dima Abdelmanan, MD, Msc, HPEd, FRCP
- Ahmad Alfares, MD, FRCPC, FACMGG, FABMGG
- Tashfeen Siddiq Ali, MBBS, BSc, MRCEM, PGCCM, FRCEM
- Laila Alsuwaidi, BSc, MSc, PhD
- Linnea Baudhuin, PhD, DABMGG, FACMG
- Rania Bedair, MD, PhD
- Andrew Craig Don-Wauchope, MD, FRCP Edin, FRCPath
- Shannon Haymond, PhD, MSPA, DABCC, FAACC
- Malek Othman, MBBS
- Hisham Shams, MD, PhD
- Laila Abdel Wareth, MBBCh, FCAP, FRCPC, EMHCA
All staff involved in the planning of this activity reported no financial relationships.
All recommendations involving clinical medicine are based on evidence accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients; AND/OR all scientific research referred to or reported in support or justification of a patient care recommendation conforms to generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF SPONSORSHIP
This activity is not supported by educational grant(s) or other funds from any ineligible companies.
This education activity will be submitted to AACC for approval of up to 12.0 ACCENT credits.
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION STATEMENT
Verification of Participation certificates are provided to registered participants based on completion of the activity, in its entirety, and the activity evaluation. For questions regarding continuing education, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RELEASE DATE: October 7, 2023
EXPIRATION DATE: September 30, 2024 (the date beyond which ACCENT credit cannot be claimed)